TTC frustrated with OB care

Alex

So I have pcos, very irregular periods, and don’t typically ovulate on my own. Long story short, I have two children, both conceived after <a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">fertility treatment</a>. 3 rounds of Clomid for my first. 11 rounds of Clomid and then switched to Femara for my second. I had a great OB who I loved for those time periods.

I’ve since moved and been seeing a new OB to try to conceive again. This dr doesn’t seem to want to actually help. She prescribed one month of Femara after an ultrasound and blood work. It worked to make me ovulate but I didn’t get pregnant. She now won’t prescribe me another month of it until I see her and do blood work again, but she doesn’t have appointments available in time… I need to start the Femara in CD3 and she didn’t have appointments prior to that… so I just don’t get to try this month. Anyone else experienced this? Is it normal for them to want blood work and appointments in between every month? My previous OB didn’t do that and I’m wondering if she was the exception or what?

Trying to find a new OB now but worried it’s gonna be difficult to switch in the middle of a cycle and get started without having to skip several months.