Sleeping question

OK so with my first child he slept in a travel crib in my room. It was just a small version of a crib not a pack n play. Anyway after he got to big for it at around 6 months he moved to his room and we sold that little crib. That was about 3 years ago. I am having another baby in march and we are living with my parents right Now. We are living out of two rooms while we remodel. We were supposed to be out of here right after baby is here but my husband wrecked and totaled my car so now it will be about 3-4 months after baby is here before we move out and that's if nothing else happens. Anyway all I have is my sons normal size crib. Should I cram his crib in our tiny cramped room or would it be worth buying a mini crib again? The new baby will be in our room for roughly a year because once we move into our home my oldest son room will be to far away for comfort so I will wait till he is almost 5 before I move him that far away. So I will have a crib in my bedroom for at least a year. Should I splurge and buy one so that we have a little more room?