Does this sound like an ovarian cyst?

Felicia

I had a bilateral salpingectomy (fallopian tubes removed) back in January this year. My doctor didn’t mention anything about what to expect with my cycles after the surgery, so my first period had me super concerned. I spent the first two days hurled over in agony. The cramps were unbearable, I almost considered going to the ER but by the time I could stand and get out of bed, the pain started to subside.

With every cycle I have an excruciating pain only my left side - it feels like a burning/cramp sensation but it’s not menstrual cramps, as like I said, it’s only ever on my left side. Sometimes the pain is so bad I feel nauseous and I have diarrhea. After my last period I’ve started to get this pain even when I’m not menstruating. I had the pain last night - it started at 7 PM and didn’t subside until 10 this morning. Again just on my left side, lower back pain that goes down into my thigh. Putting any kind of pressure on it hurts more. No OTC medication I’ve tried has touched the pain. I’ve tried ibuprofen, Tylenol, and Midol. The only thing that has given me a little relief is weed gummies. I ate a gummy last night and it kind of eased the pain and made me loopy enough to fall asleep.

I have an appointment with a new obgyn but I can’t get seen until August 4. My current ob is aware of these symptoms and brushed me off and told me “it’s probably just constipation” and to come back if my symptoms persist. I also expressed to him that I thought I could have a uti or yi and he didn’t test me for either. But at this point I feel confident that it’s not an infection anyway. I also tried to make an appointment with my pcp, they told me there wasn’t much they could do for but recommended an obgyn, when I tried to make an appointment through them, even after telling them my doctor referred me, the receptionist told me that I’d have to have a follow up with who did my surgery, and although I told her I had already and explained the whole situation she told me she’d have to talk to a few people and call me back but she never did. That was 2 weeks ago.

I’m used to rough periods. I’m no stranger to cramps. But this pain is so close to labor pains that I’ve even had to call off work because it’s so bad. It’s cutting into my daily activities so much and I don’t know if I can get through 2 more months of this shit, and I am absolutely dreading getting my period. As far as I can tell with the symptoms I’ve recorded - I seem to experience the pain pretty randomly but mostly during my period and ovulation. I’m pretty sure I’ve posted about this before and asked if anyone else has experienced this kind of pain after a BS and no one really had much to say about it so if you’ve ever had a cyst, do these symptoms sound familiar?? I don’t know what wrong with me but somethin is up and I’m feel pretty defeated 😔