Only mom’s get it

Today was a really long day for me. My MIL has been in town all week since Monday afternoon. My husband was out of town for work since early Sunday to late Wednesday night. It’s been an exhausting week. I’ve also just started feeling better after being sick for three weeks with bronchitis and a sinus infection.

Put my daughter to bed tonight and then she woke up crying. My husband went in to check on her. My MIL was praising him for being so hands on. Side note: he rarely does this but yes he was doing a favor for me! I thanked him and I was grateful because I was exhausted.

Till he came out with her and gave her to me. I was laying on the couch just trying to relax for a minute. He said she was calling for me so she needed me. So she sat with me on the couch. Then I took her back in her room and proceeded to spend the next 20 minutes trying to put her back to bed. Each time I put her down she threw a fit. Finally I got her down and she protested still. When I came out my MIL was saying it was awful to leave her upset. It really wasn’t because she fussed once and laid right down as soon as I left the room. She just turned 2. She’s totally fine.

I’m so annoyed that he couldn’t just handle it. Yes she ants me because he does this. She knows he’s going to hand her to me if she yells for me. I mean COME ON. Pull up your pants and handle it. You’re a parent too. Mom doesn’t have to handle ever single situation when there’s a problem. I don’t know how to talk to him about this because after all this time he still doesn’t get it.