Long post but really need advice!! Husband has decided he doesn't want children.

Abbie
This is going to be long...
Me and my husband have been together for 7 years, married for 6 months. When we very first got together he said he wasn't sure if he wanted children, I explained to him that at some point in the future I need to have children and it wasn't an option not to have them so he needed to decide what he wanted as we couldn't continue the relationship if he definitely didn't. He decided he would like them at some point hence relationship continued. 
Before getting married we spoke about it and both agreed we would start trying once we were married. The last 6 months have been the happiest I have ever been and I thought it was the same for him. We conceived in February and he was really excited, saying he would like a girl and being involved. I miscarried at 11 weeks on the 8th of this month. The miscarriage process was awful. I was in the shower pouring with blood, in agony and in tears. I got admitted to hospital because of excessive blood loss. He witnessed and supported me through all this and the recovery process afterwards. 
Over the last week things have come to a head. He thinks he no longer wants children. He says he hasn't been happy since before the wedding but kept hoping things would get better. He says he hasn't been unhappy just not happy and he's not sure it's enough. We have spent a few days apart and met up this morning to talk things through again. He doesn't know where he's at. His head is all over the place, he said he is confused and he doesn't know what he wants. One minute he's talking like we're going to sort things out, work on things, the next he's talking like it's over. I want to work on our marriage and give it everything UNLESS he is 100% sure children will never be part of his life and then I'm not sure I can. We left it as he needs more time to think and decide what he wants  so has gone back to a friends again. 
Any advice, comments, similar stories? Anything because I'm honestly at my wits end and don't know how I can carry on!!