Interracial relationships

This is probably going to sound really selfish, please just hear me out.
I am white, very white. We're talking red hair, blue eyes, porceline skin.
I recently met an amazing man who is very black. He is beautiful, he is wonderful, we just could not be more opposite in color!
Now, this man and I might have something going on, we're both interested in pursuing a relationship but we're going to wait a little longer before anything happens.
I don't want to date around, to me, dating means finding a husband. I've dated all the way through high school and college, and I'm done! I'm ready to be in a really serious relationship.
Here's the selfish part, if I were to marry this man, if we were to have children, my kids wouldn't look anything like me. I'm afraid i would be like an outsider in my own home. You know, there's something so special about being able to see yourself in your children, I'm afraid I won't be able to see myself in them. 
I know, he and I are in the early part of a (possible) relationship, it's probably silly for me to already be thinking about our kids. But I need help. Are these fears rational? Am I being ridiculous? Has anyone else thought about this??
** I know there has been a lot of stuff about race going on here, so please know that this is NOT meant to offend anyone. This is NOT a racist post, I really do like this man (a lot), I'm just scared.