Military Diet Test...Does it really work???

Brittany

Ok guys...for those who have been posting on the military diet or wondering if it really works...I started the challenge today. I am 5'2" and currently 115.4 lbs. (Weighed this am) no I'm not trying to drastically lose weight...I just want to be healthy and in shape. I'm doing this challenge to get a kick start on maintaining a healthy weight and excersize. I will post updates daily for the next 3 days to let everyone know how things go....

Ok...Day #1

Breakfast:

1/2 a grapefruit

1 piece whole wheat toast w/ 2 tsp pb

(How in the world did I eat that bitter grapefruit?! 😷Take one bite of fruit...one bite of pb toast...)

1 cup of coffee... (drank the mess through a straw to not taste it so much. I hate black coffee!!) My taste buds were definately screaming CREAMER!!! 😢

Lunch:

1 cup unsweetened tea

1/2 cup tuna

1 piece whole wheat toast.

(Not so bad actually)

Dinner:

1 cup of green beans (no salt added)

3oz chicken (grilled)

1/2 banana (had this earlier as a snack)

1 cup of low fat vanilla icecream

1 sm. Apple.

Water

So...I have done alot of research on the military diet site...you can substitute the stuff you don't like for things with the exact same amount of calories, but they don't encourage it. However...it is much easier eating unsalted green beans and plain chicken because you can add 0 calorie seasonings! Yum!

Oh...and you can split the meals up and snack throughout the day...as long as you only eat exactly what meal items are listed.

Wohoo! Day one...complete. will post with weight and tomorrow's meals tomorrow afternoon :))