Unsure father ..

Katie. • 22 , Expecting my first Son, Kendrick Blair, 5-6-16
The father of my child thinks the baby is not his and he works overseas , we recently got in contact with each other again after him telling me he wanted nothing to do with me or the baby and ignoring me. He will return home this Wednesday for thanksgiving and wants to see me , he said in conversation if it is his baby he will help. But my emotions are all over the place because I asked him to come to my ultrasound on dec 8th bc that's when I find out if I'm having a boy or girl and he said he might come. I want him to be apart of everything but I also can understand why he is reluctant, he has been thru a situation before where a woman claimed to be having his child and he says after all the drama it turned out not to be his . So I am more than understanding that he doesn't want to be involved with anything but because I have hope and faith I still try to include him in events , the worst he could say is no. But my emotions have led to me feeling like I'm making excuses for him and he should be there but another part of me just wants to stay closed off and have no hope so my feelings won't get hurt . Ladies what do u think ?