Whys he acting like this?!?!?!

Portia
OK so I'm starting to think that either I intimidate my boyfriend or he's feeling inferior of me. I need some understanding..My boyfriend and I have a few of the same friends so a lot of times we all joke alot. We usually joke at one another. Here's the thing, when he cracks a joke at me, I usually laugh and shrug it off like everyone else does because we're all just playing around but then when I Crack a joke at him and our friends laugh he gets upset, gives me this look and says under his breath to me that I need to chill out! I never say anything offensive so I don't get what the problem is. It's like anytime he says or DOES something, that's cracking a joke or whatever it may be in front of others, I'm cool with it..like whatever! But when I do it, now he's but hurt???? I don't get it! He hasn't always been this way but now that I'm trying to move on with my life to keep from feeling stagnant in MY life because of the problems we've been having, he's gotten like this. He talks about making moves and doing things but he isn't making moves. He just gets off work and then comes home and smokes his weed.(We don't live together) But anyway, does anybody know why he may be acting like that?!?!?!