Are there ANY reasons why skipping the off week and going straight into a new pack would be dangerous?

Me
My doctor prescribed me microgestin to where I have enough refills for a year without having to take the off week off. I can just go straight into a new pack. I am 100% sure that this is safe for two reasons: I read it on the Internet (the Internet /obviously/ doesn't lie) and my doctor dos this on purpose so I could skip the week of my "period" every month for a year because my periods give me hell and I can't handle it anymore.
I'm fucking 20 years old so I can make this decision and take care of myself but I still live with my parents so I was talking to my mom about it and she went all "I'm a mom so I know everything" (you know what I'm talking about) on me and got pissed that I even suggested it because it's "soooo dangerous to not have a period for a whole year."
I tried to explain that the period you have while on the pill isn't even a period, it's a withdrawal bleed but she wasn't having anything of it. I finally told her to just google it herself because she was pissing me off. She thinks birth control is dangerous and causes people to be infertal anyway.
Tell me I'm not crazy. There's no reason why skipping the off week would be dangerous to my health, is there?