I don't know what to say

Chequitta • Wifey 💍, Mommy 💖💙 , 26 years old ♉️, Surgical Technologist! 😷🏥💉
I bought tickets 4 months ago for my boyfriend and I to go to carowinds because he's never been to an amusement park before. So this past Saturday I suprised him and we went to Charlotte. He was so excited!! We got there and stood in line for his very first Rollercoaster for about 1 1/2 hours. There was another lady in front of us who asked to ride with us and we said okay. We finally get to the front of the line, get on the coaster to load up and his safety bar wouldn't click because his stomach was a little to big so he couldn't ride. My heart sank. I could see the embarrassment in his eyes. I wanted to get off too but he told me to stay with the lady. Once I got off he was just angry and sad. He already has been dealing with depression and feeling insecure about himself. He just kept apologizing about ruining our day and wasting my money. I tried to tell him i didn't care about the money and that I love him and I didn't care how we spent the day that I just wanted to be with him that's all that matters. But he just kept talking shit about himself and calling himself fat and I didn't know how to respond besides that I love him and if he wants to lose weight then we can do it together because I want to lose some too and that i love him regardless. Is there something else I could've said?