Big fight

My husband and I rarely fight, we will occasionally have a little bicker back and forth but we get over it and move on pretty quick. Well, today was different. My husband got angry when we discussed my mom coming for 2-3 days when the baby is first born to help out. He said that he wants to bond with the baby just the 3 of us and try to do things on our own. He said he doesn't mind if she's there during the day, but doesn't want her spending the night (she lives 30 minutes away). I got upset and told him that I don't think he is putting himself in my perspective, as this is my first child and I feel that there is a lot of pressure on the mother with nursing and I think my mom being around to help us out would be beneficial. He then got even more angry and accused me of not wanting to be around his parents and how my mom shouldn't even go to the shower that his mom is putting on because she thinks she is better than her. I've never heard these words come from his mouth, but I was shocked and sad to hear them. I ran to the bathroom and cried until he eventually left for work. I don't know what to think or do, and I really don't even know why I'm posting this all on here lol I guess I'm just looking for advice on how to approach this all. Makes me so sad to see me and my husband get in such a big fight. Is it normal to go through some arguments with your spouse before baby comes?