Scared But Confused.. Please Help!!

Sammy
So today I am 38weeks and I had my final growth scan. Well I got some news Im not too thrilled with to say the least. My son is already 8lb 10oz!!.. but on the screen it said + or - 1lb 4oz. Ok.. so Im thinking that this is a rough estimate and he maybe lighter (yay) or he could be heavier (yikes)! So I didnt freak out right away. Well the doctor I spoke with came in and said to me that my baby is rather large for his gestational age so I asked about the +or - thing on the ultrasound screen and he said those things are only 10% accurate! 10 effing percent seriously?!? What in the hell is the point of it then?? Then he went on to ask if my regular ob has discussed induction and I said no because she has told me since day 1 as long as he is growing fine, his measurements are fine, and his amniotic fluid is fine that I can go full term. Then he went on to state that me having "chronic hypertension" was a risk factor in going full term. But the last few times (maybe 5-6 times) Ive been in their office (not my reg ob) my bp has ranged from 126-134.. and that isnt high. Then he asked about my previous pregnancy asked if I had bp problems or if my son was born naturally and I told him that my previous ob never had anything to say about my bp even though they ranged from 130-140 (worse than now) and he was born a week late (41weeks) and was 8lb even.. no induction and was vaginal. But also I mentioned to him that my first sons last growth scan at 39weeks said he was already 7lb 14oz.. and my previous ob stated he would possibly be 10lb. And he wasnt so thats why Im very skeptical about what this one is saying. Sorry this post is so long but my question is: whats your opinion on this situation? Should I go for the induction or wait? Im very confused and scared at the same time. I want to go full term but I also would hate myself if something were to happen to my son. Help please!!