Genesis 22

Lededra D • Hey, I am 26 years of age. Me and my better half have being trying to Concieve for 6 years. Hopefully we'll be able to get our little blessing.
In Genesis chapter 22, God spoke to Abraham and to go to the Mountain and sacrifice his son. And Abraham packed up all the things he would need and left to do all that God commanded. My question is: How many of us would be willing to sacrifice something/someone we hold dear just so that we can please God? Many of us will scream "I will"! But, how many of us are holding on to that wayward child, friend, boyfriend, or relative. We know that person is a stumbling block and only God can deal with them. But, for some reason we can't let them go. Or, many of us have said Lord I'm going to follow you. I'm going to give up this and that action but this one thing I have to be able to do. We have to let all things go. Yes it may seem fun, and seem like it gives us pleasure and joy. But you have to remember that Jesus is our joy and salvation. We have to be willing to sacrifice these worldly joys and people ( meaning turn them lose, set them free for God to work) and our status in society, so that God can work in us. If we hold on to these other things they can and will become stumbling blocks that corrupt us.