She's here and she's so perfect!!! (My Birth Story)

Ashley • 31 yr old, legal professional and FTM! Hubby and I welcomed our baby girl 💞Kennedy on 11-8-2016. We love you pumpkin!!!

I've suffered from pupps rash for the last six weeks of my pregnancy and It got so terrible that I just could not take it anymore. My doctor put me on steroids which completely took away the pupps. However, two weeks later it came back with a vengeance so my doctor decided to induce me and I was set to deliver on November 8, 2016… Five days earlier than my expected due date.  I checked into the hospital at 5 PM on November 7 only 1.5 cm dilated and they were so busy that it took them five hours to administer me Cervidil.  Once they administered me Cervidil, I began having small contractions that I basically couldn't even feel.  I went from about 1.5 cm dilated to a little more than 2cm dilated and this was From 10 PM to about 7 AM.  Then they administered me Pitocin. At some point they broke my water. As soon as the Pitocin was administered I went from 0 to 100 real quick! I began having the strongest contractions that I thought I could even have! It took about an hour and 15 minutes on Pitocin for me to go from a little over 2 cm to 4 cm. At 4 cm, I was allowed to get the epidural (praise the lord because the contractions were becoming unbearable).  The epidural was lovely but my contractions were so strong that I actually felt a few even through the epidural but at least they were no longer unbearable.  It literally only took 35 minutes after getting the epidural that I went from 4 cm to 10 cm and ready to push.  I began pushing which I felt absolutely nothing but I panicked when my doctor told me that my baby had the cord wrapped around her neck twice and her heart rate was starting to drop just a tad as I was pushing. My doctor quickly took her two fingers and somehow the cords magically became and wrapped around her neck. I had to have an epistiotomy as my babies head was not coming out. I pushed for eight minutes! My baby was perfectly fine and healthy and she is now almost 3 weeks old! She is the best thing that has ever happened to me! My entire pregnancy and even her birth seemed so surreal to me. But now that she's here, I can't imagine life without her and I have no idea how I've managed 30 years without this perfect tiny human in my life. She is a total character and I feel blessed beyond belief to be her mother. I love you Kennedy 💕