Progesterone shots

Stephanie

Hello lovlies. I am looking for anyone with advice or experience with Progesterone shots. I will be 16 weeks on Dec 3 and I am due to start the shots Dec 1. I have been trying to research and read up on it. I have found from the company who makes it its marketed as Makena. And I have read some not so nice side effects. My son was born at 31 weeks it was a spontaneous premature birth. So I'm at a higher risk of it happening again.

This is copied from their site.

In a clinical study, certain complications or events associated with pregnancy occurred more often in women who received Makena. These included miscarriage (pregnancy loss before 20 weeks of pregnancy), stillbirth (fetal death occurring during or after the 20th week of pregnancy), hospital admission for preterm labor, preeclampsia (high blood pressure and too much protein in your urine), gestational hypertension (high blood pressure caused by pregnancy), gestational diabetes, and oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid levels).

Makena may cause serious side effects including blood clots, allergic reactions, depression, and yellowing of your skin and the whites of your eyes. Call your healthcare provider right away if you think you have symptoms of a blood clot (leg swelling, redness in your leg, a spot on your leg that is warm to touch, or leg pain that worsens when you bend your foot) or symptoms of an allergic reaction (hives, itching, or swelling of the face). The most common side effects of Makena include injection site reactions (pain, swelling, itching, bruising, or a hard bump), hives, itching, nausea, and diarrhea.

I'm trying to figure things out and any experience will be appreciated.