Husband insists on buying a dog when we aren't ready

We just moved into a new home, recently built and so the backyard is currently a sandpit. We'll have the money to do the backyard in 9-10 months time. My husband messages me today and tells me he's buying a $1200 dog when I've told him over and over not to buy a dog yet! It'll be pooing and peeing in sand then bringing it all inside. My husband isn't the one who vacuums and if we do get a dog I'll be having to do it every day. I told him the reasons why we can't right now and to just wait 10 months but he won't listen. I'm so angry! Someone please give me advise