Want to hop in?

Join our Community
Download Glow

Pregnant after two major myomectomies!

I am 33 y/o in a very stressful industry (BigLaw).  I put off getting pregnant and ended up with chronic fast-growing fibroids .  I thought I couldn't get pregnant with all of the scarring I had because of the surgeries.
Two years after my last myomectomy, and one year after my hysteroscopy to prep me up for intense IVF, I got pregnant on my third IVF round.  At the same time, my law firm promoted me to counsel.  2016 has been a roller coaster of a year, but now it looks like I will have a miracle baby in my arms by July 7th. I am so lucky!  
I am also scared beyond belief so I hope this community will help me manage my fears.  Thank you in advance!
St
Posted at Jan 04, 2017 β€’ 16 responses

Glow Pages: Recommendations for Women, by Women

Find fertility products, clinics, doctors

Yo
Posted at Jan 10, 2017
Lol we share the same story. I had two Myomectomy in 2013-2015 and in 2016 I had my tubes removed due  to how enlarge with fluids and lots and lots of scarred tissue I had. Well on my second try of IVF I was able to get pregnant with πŸ‘ΆπŸ½πŸ‘ΆπŸ½ lol twins n so far by the Grace of God all is well. Well congrats. 
He:  wow, it great to hear the success stories. Had both my tube removed and now on our second ivf cycle. Praying that this one sticks. congratulations to you both!
Ki
Posted at Feb 21, 2017
Thank you for sharing. I have been trying not to be discouraged after having one myomectomy. #hope
Ca
Posted at Feb 21, 2017
Ti
Posted at Feb 19, 2017
Congratulations! Take care & try to relax. Stress is not good a good environment for pregnancy. 
Me
Posted at Feb 12, 2017
Gonna be 40 on the 15 and reading everyone's comments and your story gives me hope.  
Po
Posted at Feb 01, 2017
Congrats!! Thanks for posting, I have a similar story. Kerp postphoning babies for career reasons and I now feel I am in a race against time. Had a hysteroscopy few weeks backs and history of cysts. Your story giving me hope that there is a miracle waiting down the road for me and I should keep going.
To
Posted at Jan 04, 2017
Congrats! Your story sounds a lot like mine. After 2 surgical procedures and 2 rounds of IVF, I got pregnant at 40. My pregnancy was mostly uneventful and my little one is now 5.5 months old and a bundle of joy! Enjoy your blessing and have no fear, that little one growing inside of you is a fighter and chosen just for you. Let yourself fully enjoy this part of your journey, you deserve it after everything you've been through. 😚
St:  Thank you, Tonya! It means so much to me to see others who have had children after that many surgeries. Most of my friends had no trouble getting pregnant so they don't understand how scared I feel about this.
Na
Posted at Feb 09, 2017
Congratulations
St
Posted at Jan 30, 2017
Congrats!!
Na
Posted at Jan 26, 2017
Thank you for posting! Very similar circumstances. Keeping the faith!

Want to comment?