Historical Themed Nurseries

Taryn • Married to the most amazing man in the world! :) Trying to conceive our first baby. His 3rd & my 1st - Currently on Clomid 50mg - PCOS affects my fertility - Liberty University- Ultra Conservative Right Wing Republican- Trump Train
My husband and I have talked about doing historical themed nurseries for our kids when we have them. So instead of bright colors and baby looking things, put more educationally stimulating material on the wall. For example, we want 4 kids and have talked about doing a WWII themed nursery, an American Civil War themed nursery, an American Indian themed nursery, and an Old West themed nursery. 
So essentially trading out all the baby geared materials for pictures of WWII fighter jets and posters or ACW guns and soldiers etc for each specific room with more period type furniture for each room (that will be made by me. It's my hobby) My family hates the idea. They want us to create baby themed nurseries such as Winnie the Pooh, or cartoon themed. They say our idea is too heavy for a nursery. What do you guys think???