16 and Pregnant MTV

🍁🌿🌲🌻
I never watch 16 and Pregnant but it's 7am and I'm up with nothing to do so 🤷🏻‍♀️
Anyways, any time I have sat down and watched this I've noticed that, the majority of the time, the moms step their game up and start preparing for a baby while their boyfriends or father of their child go out and party. I know that they cut out a lot of scenes while putting these shows together but it seems like the girls know the whole time they are not going to get much (or any) support, but become pregnant anyways. One of them said they didn't take their birth control because they didn't want to gain weight, and I thought that excuse seemed like complete BS. I don't understand why you would want to have a baby so young with little to no help from anyone. If you want to have a baby on your own you should wait until you can provide for one on your own. 
Do you think that there are better ways to educate young women and men on pregnancy and life as a parent? If so, how do you plan on educating your child and what changes do you wish to see in the future education wise? 
Also, do you think that shows like Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant are helpful or damaging?