Mental disorders driving us crazy!

Kristen

Hey everyone! I wanted to take the time to post about this because it seems like there are a lot of us here it would apply to. I know for me at least, mine has affected my love life tremendously, as well as everyday life. I'll start sharing:

My name is Kristen, and I am bipolar. I was diagnosed when I was 15, and have been struggling with it for about 12 years. I have tried soooo many meds, most of which didn't work. I finally found a medication that works, somewhat. I also have anxiety attacks from time to time, and severe depression, which is intensified by the bipolar. When I found out about my diagnosis, I started out with denial, "There's nothing wrong with me, I don't need meds and I'm NOT taking them". Then I went to anger, "Why the hell does this stuff always happen to me?". Finally, I'm recent years, I have made it to acceptance. I try to minimize my stress levels, and I have started living my life by the serenity prayer.

'God grant me the serenity to accept the thing I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference'

This prayer has made my life so much better, and I'm so much happier for it. I go through mixed episodes a lot of the time, and I rapid cycle.

I thought this would be a good place, a safe place with no judgment, to tell our stories, and share methods on managing different disorders.