I'm a SAHM and my husband doesn't allow me to spend money

We have two kids under two and after the second was born we decided I would stay home and take care of them because putting them in day care would cost my entire pay check and then some. Day care in the area I live is incredibly expensive. Before I stayed home with the kids I was a nurse and highly independent. Ever since I've been home with the kids I have to ask my husband for every dime I spend and 99% of the time he tells me I can't have or spend anything. If he goes on the bank statement and finds out I've spent anything (even $5) he gets so pissed. We recently got quite a large tax return and I spend $75 on clothes for our kids (they both needed the next size up) and he freaked out because he wanted to put a down payment on a street bike😒 He doesn't even let me go to the grocery store alone because he wants to be the one to decide what we do and don't get. It's extremely frustrating. Let me just point out that I don't have a spending problem or anything like that, I can't even remember the last time I spent money on myself, every dime I ask him for is for the kids or the house (cleaning supplies etc). I ask him for money to go get coffee with my friends once in a blue moon and he usually tells me no😩 I hate it because I feel like a little kid even though I'm his wife. I've talked to him about it before and he tells me he makes the money (a decent amount too) so this is the way it's going to be. What would you do? Going back to work isn't really an option because of daycare costs and I'm still nursing my youngest.