What should I do?

Autumn
My best friend is the most important person in my life. He makes me feel happy and cared for. I have never had a true best friend before him. He makes my life complete. There have been times where I had felt more than what a friend should feel. But I never did or said anything because I never wanted to risk anything. He's too special in my life. Anyways, he has dream or of owning his own Saxophone. Jazz is his life. He's played in the school band for years and always borrowed. He asked me to go on a trip with him to find one at an event. I went with him. Well we rented a hotel room to stay at. One thing led to another, and he kissed me. That was my first kiss for starters. I was completely shocked. Afterwards he just curled up in his bed and didn't speak for the rest of the trip. I texted him later and tried to talk to him about it. I asked him if it had been nothing or if there was meaning behind what he did. He kept apologising and I told him it was okay. He said there was meaning behind the kiss but he says he can't tell me. I don't want to pressure him and bring it up again. But I really want to know. I don't know what to do. He's so important to me.