Depression. Is it just me?!

Chelsea

I am 7 weeks pregnant and starting at week 5 I was very sick, all day long. This left me in bed miserable week 5 and half of week 6. I would get up and go to work, but I was miserable there too. I felt worthless, if I can't get out of bed from being sick and pregnant. How can I get up to feed my baby all hours of the night. My husband and I had been trying for months and this is supposed to be the most exciting time of our lives. But here I am at week 7 and I haven't left bed. I haven't cooked dinner or cleaned (thank God for my husband) in 3 weeks. I don't want to leave the house at all and it breaks my heart when someone shows up at our home because I just want to be alone. Basically what started as normal pregnancy sickness, I believe has turned into crippling depression. I barely eat and when I do eat, it's unhealthy. I've lost weight and am not getting any exercise. My whole life I've wanted to be a mom, I couldn't wait to take care of myself and my baby while I was pregnant. I had a plan. But now I'm failing miserably and it's killing me. And my husband too. I mentioned the feeling of anxiety, depression to my primary (I haven't seen my baby DR yet). He proscribed be fluoxitene (Prozac). It is category C. That was last week and I'm scared to take it.

Thank you everyone whose read this far. If anyone at all has or is batteling depression during pregnancy, any input is helpful.