Sleep Training

M
It's not working. Currently my baby only falls asleep on me while nursing and then I put her down asleep in her swing during the day or in her bassinet at night. If I don't put her down very carefully when she's asleep, she wakes up crying and I have to nurse her again to get her back asleep before I try to put her down again. Sometimes this repeats several times before I can actually put her down. She's still up 3-5 times during the night, but at night I can put her back in her bassinet slightly awake still and she'll just go back to sleep. 
Today, I tried the "drowsy but awake" method and I failed miserably. I tried for 2 hours to get her to nap in her crib. I started by nursing her but keeping her awake and when she was almost asleep I put her down in her crib but she immediately snapped awake. She ended up babbling and happily rolling all around the crib until she got bored and cried. I tried to comfort her and leave again like 10 times but she never fell asleep and just cried every time I left. (I waited to see if she would stop crying but it only ever got worse until i went back in) I tried nursing her again like 3 more times and got her back to being really tired each time before I put her down but I called it quits after the last time when she cried so hard she was shaking and took forever to take a breath. I picked her up and it took her so long to even calm down and stop sighing. I feel like I'm traumatizing her. Wtf am I doing wrong? I am so sleep deprived and it's only my husband and I.. we have no family to help out with anything and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. Any suggestions?