FUCK BOY TO MAN?

So I started dating my best friend after knowing each other for 5 months. Throughout those 5 months he told me EVERYTHING about his life and trust me he had a tough past. He had told me he was a player and cheated many times. He told me how many bodies he had and he does admit to being an asshole. Once he reached 19 years old he said he decided to give up that life and let go of all the "hoes." After he met me. So , communication has been a HUGE part of your relationship and trust.

However, last night before we both fell asleep together, he asked me a few questions and two of them was about if I ever thought about one day getting married and if I ever plan on having kids. After that he told me "I see you in my future for eternity". But....

He has proven to me that he dropped all his hoes and isn't about that lifestyle anymore because he's not alone anymore and he would never hurt me because I'm not like the rest. All the girls would look at him for the sex but I just wanted to listen and help him through. So....

Is it possible that he really means all this? And what does his commitment mean ?? Is it possible that I might have changed him from a fuck boy to an actual mature man? Please HELPLPPPP