PCOS: need some support

Nicole

I'm 24 and have been ttc for 14 months. I have had irregular cycles for about 6 years now but every doctor had always brushed me off. Saying I was just young and to get on birth control if I wanted regular periods. I was on birth control in my younger years and I can't help but feel that birth control is maybe the reason I have PCOS. Before using birth control I had regular period down to the hour. I got on birth control at 15 because I was sexually active at a young age and didn't have I had guidance in life. I walked myself into a planned parenthood and took care of the birth control myself. What I didn't do was take the pill correctly at all. I would take it everyday at different times and even skip 2 or 3 days and then double up. Now I go to an ultrasound yesterday finally after so long and the first thing the tech says is, "so when were you diagnosed with PCOS" . But I never have been, I explained to him that my sister had ovarian cancer at a young age and after struggling for 2 kids she had to have a hysterectomy, the doctors really couldn't even believe she had her second. I am just devastated now, and really don't know where to go from here. I have a follow up with the doctor tomorrow, the ultrasound tech was insisting I come back asap. I'm deviated I always thought it may be pcos in the back of my mind but at the Same time I thought it couldn't be, I'm underweight no facial hair my acne isn't something un ordinary just a pimple around my period but my cycles range from 32 to 51 days. Where do I go from here I have no clue, any ladies with pcos with a story of your own please share as I really don't know what to think anymore. I feel hopeless 14 months of BFN with no end in sight now.