Blooming Bath

Ma

For my baby shower I registered for, and received, my Summer Infant Right Height bath tub. The only tub we have in the house is a super deep jetted tub, so I loved the fact that the Right Height tub can be raised up to make it easy for me to access.

Here's the dilemma; one of my best friends also bought me a blooming bath because she said it was wonderful for her newborn. I've heard other people rave about the blooming bath as well, but I'm super freaked out about putting my newborn in our sink! We wash our organic veggies in the sink and we use our own chickens' manure as fertilizer for the veggies! Not to mention, my husband washes our uncooked meat in the sink, a habit I'm trying to break him of, but still something he does. I feel that as many times as I sanitize the sink it could never be clean enough for a baby.

I was originally going to return the blooming bath, but then my husband suggested using it inside of our other baby bathtub as a cushion. Has anyone done this before? How did it work?