Teething Pain..Are tops more painful than bottoms

Rebecca

My little one got his bottom two teeth just before 5 months and we barely noticed them come in. The night they broke he was just bit fussy. No big deal.

Last weekend he had his two lateral incisors break though, the ones next to the top front teeth. Definitely Fussier but gave him Motrin and he was good.

The weekend we think his top two from teeth are about to break, but he also has a stuffy nose. I can't tell if they are related or if he has a bit of a cold. He has been up every three hours wanted to nurse. Doesn't want to come off the boob (he's almost just rubbing his top gums as he nurses which is getting uncomfortable). He will almost fall asleep as feeding but when I pull him off he is inconsolable. Normally our little guy is a great sleeper and is super happy, but this weekend he is miserable. I'm wondering if any Mamas had similar experiences or not with the front top teeth?

I have been keeping a dehumidifier going, giving him Motrin and rubbing baby Vicks on his chest in case it's a cold.