Progesterone and soy iso

Becky

So, I had an appt with my OB last Thursday. Well, it was a follow up from my appt in May due to not having periods for 6ish months. From my first appt she concluded that I had gained 20 lbs since the last time I had been in so she asked me to lose some weight, I did labs & pap (all normal) and she told me to come back a few months later. We'd discuss <a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">fertility treatment</a> if necessary.

During the 4 months I lost 28 lbs (she only asked me to lose 10) and I had 3 periods. My lengths went from 207 to 56 to 40 with my last period being sept 1st. I have been dealing with quite a bit of spotting this cycle though.

Anyway, we discussed our options as she believes I am not ovulating and my lining just builds until my body can no longer sustain it and it releases, not because my hormones are telling it to. She says I have low estrogen and she said something about my progesterone, but she was throwing so much info at me I can't remember what it was.

First option is doing withdrawal bleeds with natural progesterone (prometrium) and while she did not sound optimistic she told me to start prenatals now and that maybe I would end up pregnant on my own.

Second option is clomid or lestrozole (my choice) with one ultrasound to check for cysts, a couple visits, and blood work.

I was upset the day of the appt because I thought the weight loss and periods returning while not regular, were a good sign. So while I blubbered to dh he told me we could try some natural things first and if they didn't work we could move to the doctors help. While discussing the second option I could tell he was thinking about nothing but $$$$$ and I was getting nowhere fast. I'm not sure how much it would be per cycle through my clinic I just know nothing is covered.

So my question is before I bring up option 2 with dh again, would I be able to use the progesterone to give me a period, then use soy iso to help with ovulation? From what I can find online those 2 are fine to use together. Has anyone on here done that? Or is is completely unsafe?