Working after baby

Taylor

Little backstory: I just started working at my local hospital in July. I got hired on nights, and as a contingent worker. (Meaning I don't get any benefits through work, and only HAVE to work 3 days a month, but can work as much as I want.) I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant, and by the time baby is born I can switch to days I think.

Now: I applied for a part time position, doing the same thing I'm doing now. I got a call today (was sleeping so they left a message) they want to set up an interview for the part time position. Part time I would HAVE to work 2 days a week, and I think every other weekend. This position is for nights so I don't know if I could switch to days when I would be able to as a contingent worker. Going part time though I can get benefits, and I think earn more money per hour. BUT we'd have to find some form of child care.

I really don't want to be away from home more than I have to once baby is born, and I don't want to put her in child care that young. I like being able to basically choose my schedule and work when I want, but we need to get insurance for her when she's born. (We'd end up getting Medicaid, or Medicare, I always get confused, if we can't get insurance through work)

Ugh I need help!