Bad Epidural!!

Shelbi

In July 2015 I gave birth to my first child. I opted for an epidural during labor which I thought at the time would be a breeze. Immediately after, I became completely numb from the neck down, unable to move any body parts and felt almost intoxicated. I had to cup one hand over my eye when I saw my son for the first time because I was seeing double. Looking back, I cannot remember 90% of my labor or birth. They immediately took my son to the nursery because I was so out of it, I couldn't even hold my new baby. All in all, it was a terrible experience. I've scoured the internet for answers, even asked around for an explanation as to why I had this reaction. Someone has said I received a spinal tap, others have said I'm a "lightweight". I am pregnant with my second child and absolutely horrified of getting an epidural again. I want to remember and feel the joy of holding my baby for the first time. Any one else have this same experience? Or can offer advice as to why this happened and what I can do differently?