My boyfriend has a kid with his ex wife, help!

Ana

Hi, my boyfriend has a kid with his ex wife and we're having some problems. She's been keeping his kid away from him since we're together. They haven't been divorced long, but they've been separated for a while and separated a few times before too. So, it's nothing new to her that he was gonna find someone new. They have a signed contract where he's supposed to have his kid every other weekend for an overnight stay. She's been refusing to let him (and his mom) see his kid, and (since I'm from another country) she's been saying really nasty things about me without even knowing me. She wanted to meet me (cause supposedly she was worried about who her kid was gonna be around with), but every time we scheduled a meeting she cancelled, and we started asking her to meet and she refused. She doesn't even let him talk with his kid on the phone. He doesn't wanna be an asshole with her or remove his kid from her house with the police. We've been arguing about this a lot... I need help because I'm afraid this is gonna push us to the end, and wouldn't like for that to happen cause we're TTC...