Do you believe in the American Dream?

Le

Personally I don’t, because I think the USA is very good at “marketing” itself with these sayings to the outside and is a mess on the inside. As a foreigner, I don’t see the American Dream, I see people being left behind, discrimination, the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer, no equality for women, a weird political system that is saying to be democratic but the president that’s been chosen is not chosen by the majority of people (literally). Yes, if people work hard they should be able to achieve more in life and few people will be able to be the successful person they dreamt of, but that’s also possible in other countries. And from what I read on Glow the American people work their buts off and get not even a decent insurance/ health care or minimum wage. But, like I said, I’m not from the USA so I would love to hear your opinions.

For the ones wanting more information:

The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States, the set of ideals (democracy, rights, liberty, opportunity and equality) in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, as well as an upward social mobility for the family and children, achieved through hard work in a society with few barriers.

In the definition of the American Dream by James Truslow Adams in 1931, "life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement" regardless of social class or circumstances of birth.[1]

The American Dream is rooted in the Declaration of Independence, which proclaims that "all men are created equal" with the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

Vote below to see results!