No presents

I wish my husband would let me buy nice Christmas presents this year for my boys. Every year I’ve had to buy Dollar Tree gifts because of lack of money and I guess this year I just wanted it to be different. My boys are 5 and 2 and I know exactly what they want. I asked my husband if we could take out a loan to get a nice gift for our boys and then food and gas. He said that we shouldn’t take out a loan for Christmas presents. People use credit cards... kind of the same thing. I’m just so emotional right now. My heart wants to feel the magic of Christmas and see the smile of a satisfied gift but the reality is we have bills and they will get Dollar Tree again and yes they will still be grateful but just to see their face as they unwrap a gift they’ve been talking about..that’s priceless to me. I know my husband loves me and our boys and this time of year is always stressful on him because he is the only one who works, plus goes to college, and still has to have something to give for Christmas.

Venting done.