Am I wrong for telling my step son...

About a month ago I bought a reward chart for my 6 year old daughter and stepson. I figured they can get rewarded by doing chores around the house. my step son was so happy and looking forward BUT my bf already gives and let him do ANYTHING he wants. I mean you want to talk about spoiled! so I figured it wasn't the best idea. Plus I want to avoid getting pissed if he doesn't do the chores and his father letting him get away with it so I forgot about the idea. Anyways yesterday my stepson bugged me about it even my bf. I'm already getting mad cause IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK GUYS! He insisted so I said " Look there's no point in doing it beacuse you already get what you want" my step son didn't say a word and my bf keeped looking at me (I saw him from the corner of my eyes) Was I wrong? I mean this kid is SPOILED! my bf just bought him a 200$ pair of sneakers, he has no curfew for bedtime, allows him to sleep with his phone (cause of the alarm), got a few bad grades. I seen there was a D and an F and still signed him up for Basketball because he wanted to! I could count with my hand the number of times I see this kid studying. I'm getting fed up. so my question is was I wrong? I KIND OF feel bad. BTW, Hes 12

Vote below to see results!