To: Step Mother, Signed: Mother

So tell me how this sounds, if I should add something, or take something out. Also tell me your opinions on this, and how you would feel as a new , or old, step mother reading this. Thanks in advance!!

Dear step- mother,

Welcome to the party that you never knew you wanted to be a part of, that is, if you want to be a part of it. This title comes with responsibility. I mean, I am TRUSTING you with the most important thing to me. More precious than gold. I hope you can love them just as much as I do. There is never too much love to be given to a child. You will never take my place, I hope to god you’d never try, BUT that’s okay because you now have your own special place. You are now my children’s bonus mama. Hopefully one day, we can have some kind of friendship, but if not, that’s fine too. My kids are all that matter at the end of the day. You’ll never have to worry about me stepping into your relationship, that’s something in the past and well, I’d appreciate to keep the past in the past. If you ever need an ear, mine is open. Need to get away, come on over. Need a shoulder, lean on me. There is no reason that we should fued, I will never try to take your place in YOUR relationship. If we could work out, we’d be raising our kids and you wouldn’t be reading this. The fact of the matter is, y’all are together and I never want you to feel like it’s standard for us to hate each other. We have 10+ years to go and more if you’d like. My children are going to develop a relationship with you, and it’s up to you to make it a good one. I just want you to know that I am okay with that. I am okay with you helping take care of them, feeding them, dressing them, loving them. We can turn co-parenting into raising our children together, happily, all while showing them that it’s supposed to be that way. If we all put in effort, it will work. Here’s to family, and friends turning into family.

Signed, your step kids mother.