Worst. Night. Ever.

Jordan

Hello ladies! So I’m turning to the community because I’m at a lost after last night.

So I started my period a few days earlier then expected which was no big deal but! I had cramps that kept me up, unable to sleep because of how painful they were. I took a hot bath and some pain killers around 1 am and those helped for maybe a few minutes (at least the bath did). Stayed up until 3 because they kept coming full force, almost like waves on a shore. They’d go away, but only slightly and then come back even worse. It got to the point where I felt like I was going to throw up or pass out. I was able to sleep for a few hours until they woke me up again and I was so dizzy and still feeling so horrible. I was finally able to sleep on my side to get more than 2 hours of sleep.

Now have any of you experienced something like this? Or know what could be going on? Please help a girl out.

EDIT:

My periods are normally really bad anyways. But this way something that I’ve never experienced. I called my doctor’s office and spoke to the doctor on call and he gave me the normal “probably just a really bad period” and right after reading my chart and confirming that I was there for infertility because I’ve been TTC for 2 years, he said “the best thing I can do for you is put you on birth control.” Let’s just say I don’t think he will suggest that to anyone who’s in the office for TTC again. The pain has subsided enough for me to be able to be normal. I’ve been instructed to go to the ER if anything changes. The pain was more then likely an ovarian cyst that ruptured at the same time that I was having cramps. My sweet mother in law brought me a few things to handle the pain and the day like some food and painkillers.