I was hooking up with this guy for over a year

I’ve known him for almost 9 years and for over a year and a half (kind of, we go to college in different states so 5 months out of the year basically since 2016), I’ve been hooking up with this guy. I’ve been really unhappy and depressed and this arrangement/relationship wasn’t helping at all. There have been times when he would ask if I’m alright and literally said the words “you can talk to me even when we aren’t drunk, I’m an actual person”.

However, I kept finding it difficult to trust him for various reasons but all my friends at the time were not there for me when I needed them and he was the only one talking to me and asking if I was okay.

Maybe I began to trust him when I shouldn’t have. Ultimately, I was still depressed and constantly having breakdowns so I finally ended things with him today (over a text because we were just hooking up and didn’t feel like it was serious enough to warrant a fact-to-face “break up”).

His response: “it’s okay ☺️”

I was just so hurt that after everything he said to me and him claiming that he saw me as a good friend, that he worries about me, that he thought I was a great person that his response was this.