Bottle weaning

🌙Sibylline🔮 • Mommy to Bodhi Sage 1.24.17 and Ezekiel Sage 5.25.18

I’ve started bottle weaning process and first 4 nights, I’ve replaced any middle of the night feeds (when they happened) with water instead.

My son protested a few times but finally got the hint that mom, dad or grandma (when he was visiting her) were not coming back in to give a formula bottle and went to sleep after crying for various intervals.

Until last night (5th night weaning) when he literally cried for an 1 hour and 15 mins, ramping up and down until I caved and begrudgingly gave him a 2-oz bottle of formula so I could finally go to bed.

Is anyone else having this kind of trouble getting your 1 yo off the bottle?

I thought we were doing well because he didn’t wake up at all the night before last... but now I’m not so sure and afraid for what tonight may bring since I feel like I undid all our combined progress with 2 oz of formula because I couldn’t listen to his tantrums anymore.

Help? Suggestions? Advice? Reassurance? Feel like I’m not doing this right and about ready to cold turkey him and all of us by throwing his bottles out completely.

He drinks from his sippy cup perfectly fine during the day. Eats 4 meals because he’s so hungry upon waking we basically feed him 2 breakfasts, lunch, dinner and he gets snacks and still has 2-3 bottles a day (this is down from 4 or more). He cannot be hungry at night with his eating so I don’t understand what is going on?