Needing advice...

I’m posting on here because I don’t actually have a lot of my own friends anymore. Ever since I got pregnant and had a baby, I don’t see much of the friends I had before. Now that I’m a stay at home mom with a new baby, it’s hard to find time. But that’s besides the point. I’m just looking for an unbiased opinion, I guess...

Ever since the birth of my son in August, I have felt a lot of resentment towards my boyfriend. I don’t really understand why. He’s a great Dad to our son, and is very involved with him. It’s other areas in life that he is lazy. He hasn’t been working very much in the last couple months, and it’s really starting to put a lot of stress on me. He doesn’t seem to think there is a problem. Anytime I bring up the subject of him finding a better paying job, we just argue. I get very upset when I get up in the morning and find that he’s not at work...I get so angry that I just want to yell and cry, but I keep quiet because I don’t want to start a fight, especially with our son at home. He just doesn’t seem to think there is a problem, and thinks that we can always just fall back on my maternity pay (we live in Canada where women get 52 weeks of paid maternity leave), but it’s really not a whole lot of money. Most of the time we are so broke that I wonder how we are going to our food on the table. Right now he is $500 into his overdraft, and I have $185 in my account. Our rent is due tomorrow, and we need groceries too. Worst of all is that our vehicle needs to be taken into a mechanic to be fixed. I just wonder how we are going to make ends meet. I’ve thought about returning to work to help with bills, but then would have to worry about daycare being another expense. I’ve started to realize that maybe my boyfriend’s attitude won’t get any better. He doesn’t seem to have any drive or ambition to do any better in life. He has no goals or anything...he just seems to rely on me for everything, and the stress is killing me. What do I do? Been thinking that maybe it’s just best to try and do this on my own because he doesn’t seem to want to try and make things better for us financially. Thoughts on what I should do are appreciated!