Should he have this privilege

La

Ok. So I recently found out that a group in my community allows a sex offender attend the youth dances it holds for the community as long as his parents are present. He was a minor(15 I think) when he attempted to rape another minor and was found guilty, and has to register as such. These dances are for kids 12-18 (so middle school-high school ages) and while there are a lot of chaperones it’s impossible to have complete supervision on this guy 100% of the time. Especially because the dances are popular so there’s always a large crowd. His parents aren’t the most all there people, not like crazy but not the most responsible. I am extremely uncomfortable with this. My little sisters go to these dances! He’s enough of a risk to society that he has to register and can’t be anywhere with any kid unsupervised.

Do you think he has the right to attend these dances?

Or like me do you think that events like that are a privilege and not everyone automatically gets that privilege? especially people who have proven to be a safety risk.

I want to hear others views on this, personally I think it’s not ok for him to be allowed to go. He did something very wrong and is a danger to others. He shouldn’t get to enjoy the fun things people his age get to. He gave up that privilege when he broke the law. We wouldnt let a registered sex offender chaperone these dances or hang out where minors do. Why is he any different? He was definitely old enough to know that it wasnt ok. Normally I think that people who have committed a crime deserve the right to show they have changed and become normal members for society but in situations like sexual assault/ sexually based crimes I really don’t think the good outweighs the risk. At some point the safety and life of others outweighs the one persons right to fun. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Vote below to see results!