If NO GUNS, then what?

same💩different🌅 • Just here to track my baby’s poops...oh and push the liberal agenda 😘

JUST WANTED TO CLARIFY

I am well aware that there are other forms of self-defense. My question is: are there other forms of self-defense that are as good as (or better than) a gun, and if so, what?

Furthermore, if there is something that is as good as/better than a gun, why would we need guns?

I see some good replies but also some confusion. Thanks for participating!

ORIGINAL POST

This is specifically for people who support guns but feel that those with mental health issues should not own one. I fall into the category of past mental health issues (depression for over a decade and a suicide attempt) and, based on what others have said on my other poll, I can see that I am exactly the kind of person who should not own a gun. Why? For my protection. I totally get it and agree with this.

BUT, how am I to protect myself? If you believe that a gun is the best tool for personal protection, then how am I to protect myself? Because I have a chemical imbalance, does that mean I should be more vulnerable to attack? What do you propose people like me do if we find ourselves desiring personal protection but are blocked from buying a gun for our own personal protection?