I think I want a divorce...

Amanda

We got married young right after I turned 18. We have been together since I was 15 so going on 9 years in a relationship. I care for him and don't want to hurt him, I just don't think we are a good fit for each other anymore. We have grown apart. What he wants in life is completely different from me. He would be happy having a job with low pay and no responsibilities and staying home all the time smoking weed and playing video games. I want to do more in life. Work towards a better job, going out and doing things, having more children. I simply don't think we are a good fit for each other anymore. I don't believe this is something we can work out and overcome because the issues I have are just the type of person he is. He wouldn't be able to change who he is as a person. My issue is, how do you leave someone who isn't abusive to you? We never fight, he doesn't hit me, talk down to me ect. I feel like if he did one of those things it would be easy to walk away. Are you allowed to leave someone who is nice to you? Any words for advice? We have a 3.5 year old child together.