Y’all wanna sit down for this 💔

Hayley • 25, mommy to Milo 👦🏻💙 and Ollie 👶🏼💗

I wanna tell y’all about something that is happening to my family, and why I believe in true love and soul mates.

Yesterday morning (Friday) my fiancé got a call that his great grandpa has passed. They were extremely close even though we live almost 2 hours away. During the summer my fiancé and his brother would go down and help out around the farm, chopping lumber for a few weeks. This was devastating. So we make our way down and we are there for his great grandma, a really frail woman, and we’re there to help make funeral arrangements and all that jazz. Around 9pm Friday, we run to the Walmart in town to pick up some things for my fiancé’s mom, who is going to stay the night with great grandma and make sure she’s okay. When we get back from Walmart after 45 minutes there are paramedics outside the house.

Now, she had been having chest pains all day but everyone else chalked it off to her just losing her husband, my fiancé’s mom finally caved in and called 911 just to get her checked out.

She was having a heart attack.

So we go to the ER, where they tell us they were going to transfer her to a hospital in the state capital (where we live). The paramedics thought she’d be okay, they just wanted her to see a good cardiologist. So we decide to go home, it’s 1am Saturday morning and I’m pregnant and we have a dog at home. As were pulling up to the house, we get a call from my fiancé’s dad saying we needed to get over to the hospital.

So we speed our asses to the hospital, walked like 1000 miles through the hospital to a cath lab, and about 30 seconds after we get to that cath lab lobby a nurse comes out and tells us that great grandma has just passed.

HOW MANY FUCKING PEOPLE ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER SO FUCKING MUCH THAT THEY DIE LESS THAT 24 HOURS AFTER THE OTHER???

It’s now noon on Saturday and we’re all just waking up, realizing that this isn’t a dream. We now have to go plan another funeral. And we all know that while this is unimaginably hard for us, they are both happy to be together again even after a short 18 hours apart.

And that’s why I believe in soul mates.