Swollen Foreskin

My man is uncircumcised and has quite a tight foreskin. As in he can't easily pull it all the way back when he has an erection.

We had sex today (we don't use condoms and didn't use lube) but he said it hurt him a bit. I was overly wet to start with but did get dryer towards the end. When he came he said it hurt and when he pulled out the end of his foreskin just over the very tip of his head was all swollen and red. He gave it a clean but its still sore and swollen.

I also showered last night and so was nice and clean and haven't had any issues recently so I don't think I would have given him anything. And I am also fine now too.

My guesses are either:

1 - His tight foreskin caused it. It has happened in the past although not that often. Maybe when I was dryer it pulled it too much?

2 - He masturbates a lot like daily. So maybe he had sort of worn his penis out a bit and then the sex just pushed it over the edge and it got sore?

Or 3 - He does suffer with eczema a bit on his arms so he could maybe have has some dry sensitive skin on his penis that got aggravated?

Really I just wanna know if anyone else has had this problem or had a partner with this? Or what people think it could be.