Birthstory for this first time mama

Amber

It all started March 18th at 10 pm I started to have a leak onto my undies and I wasn’t sure what it was. It was happening every 20-30 minutes or so. Then the contractions started at about midnight. I tried to stay in bed and see if they were Braxton-Hicks or if they would progress in pain and boy trust me they did and fast! So I went to the hospital at about 3am and got to the forth floor to start getting checked out. Turns out the leaking was my water bag. It had a tear in it. And since I wasn’t progressing in dilation they started to induce me. Oh boy that pain got so bad I couldn’t help but cry and scream I ended up getting the epidural which saved my life lol it made things a lot less painful. I dilated so fast after getting the epidural. I went from a 3 to a 10 in just 2 hours! Then it came time to push and trust me that was hard because I had little so no feeling in my legs. But I did it and at 11 pm on March 19, 2018 my son Myzel Thomas was born. He weighed 8 lbs 11 oz. when he first came out he was purple the umbilical cord was around his neck and he was having a hard time breathing since there was a leak in the bags of water. We tried to see if skin to skin would work but it didn’t so he was taken off to the side to be seen by the nurses. Once they had calmed him and got his breathing to a semi-normal pace he was able to have skin to skin. I had him for about an hour or so before they took him again. this time he cried only when they took him away from me. I was later notified that my son would be admitted into the NICU for further evaluation because his breathing was still not normal. The on call pediatrician came to my room after a couple hours of him being in the NICU to tell me he had an X-ray done and there is something in his upper right lung. He may have a mass or pneumonia. My baby boy is a fighter I know it and he will make it through and be a strong little guy I just hope they let me go see him soon!!

UPDATE! :

We got to go home!! He progressed so much and so fast! The doctor told us that t was pneumonia so they started antibiotics and within the 48 hour period the pneumonia had cleared almost completely! My little love bug is so strong! And is doing great with his feedings as well! Thank you everyone for your prayers! They were greatly appreciated!!