so many opportunities have come all at once...

Teja

By far the best opportunity yet is being able to be a mother and its my priority. I had planned to progress with my career (as you do). So I took a leap and decided to change location because the manager here would be able to help with my personal development. He occasionally tells me about jobs he wants to put me forward for and I say "it's not the right time for me". I'm yet to tell him about my pregnancy. Then yesterday out of nowhere, I won an award out for about 350 other people that work in the company throughout the country. It was so unexpected, yet I feel like my hardwork was finally reconigized. All the big bosses congratulated me etc and then my manager tells me about all these other job openings that will be open in the summer. I still asked about them so he didn't think I wasn't interested. I just wish they came around alot sooner, there's really no point of me going for another job when I'll be on maternity leave for a year starting in September. I'm hoping when I come back I'll still be able to pick up where I left out. Anyone else experienced anything similar?