He finally told me!!!

Kortnie • 👧🏼 November 2019 • IUI • 👶🏼 July 2024

My husband finally told me today that after we are finish remodeling our master bedroom that it’s time to start TTC.

I literally cannot even tell you how excited I am.

We’ve been together for 10 years (married since 10/4/14)!!! We’ve been together through so much of life and love... 4 relocations, buying a house, an engagement, college graduation, our wedding, the birth of 7 of my nieces and nephews, the loss of my mom this past year, and job changes. (Not all in that order) Happiness, sadness, grief, and so many emotions.

I have been ready for quite some time. Yes, I struggle with grief still, but I am comforted by the fact I have so many friends and family members that will be so supportive of us. He has known for quite some time that I’ve been ready and we’ve talked about it many times, but he has had certain goals and plans he has wanted to check off.

But today he has told me that as soon as our remodel is complete he is ready to welcome a baby into our home and it brings tears to my eyes.

I needed to share my excitement with someone!!!

I cannot wait to be a mommy to a sweet little babe like my mom was to me. I miss her sooo unbelievably much and I know she would be so proud. I just wish she was here to be with me during this time.

The clock is finally counting down. Baby dust is welcomed soon!!!