Insecure of my body bc of my partner

So I have had body issues all my life, however lately I have been eating balanced and going to the gym and feeling better about my self. I have lost some belly fat and gained some nice booty and legs. I’m 5’3 and 120lbs. But there is one thing, my boyfriend lately says “oh you’re so fit” (i know he doesn’t like “fit” women). He likes curvy, thick woman. And crazy thing is, I have never been one. I barely have A cup boobs and I’m 21 so I’m pretty sure that won’t change. But he keeps saying how I looked better before, even if I show him in pictures that I had skinner legs and no booty. I feel so insecure because of this. And then he gets mad that I’m insecure because I’m “beautiful”. Yet he says I’m too skinny for his taste now. (Even though I was skinner before?) I never feel like enough. Yet he says I’m the best. But I clearly do not feel that way when he states his body preferences. I seriously consider breaking up even though all else is good, he is a smart guy, we have nice conversations etc. Am I overreacting? I cry so much after he says those things but then he says it’s my issue with not being confident...

Sorry for the messy text, I really feel like my head is messed up